Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Mom's Birthday

Hey Ladies!

It's been awhile. Today I'm celebrating my mom's birthday. She would have been 58 today, & would still be young. She has been gone for 27 years. I type that because I can do the math, but to actually believe that is possible is a whole other thing. I really don't believe it, it just doesn't seem possible. I've been going through some hard times lately, and I wish she was here with me. I always wish she was here with me.

I got married last summer, and I really missed her then too. Her younger sister came from Louisiana for the wedding. She is a writer and I asked her if she would read something at the wedding. She didn't want to at first, because she gets nervous speaking. But she called me a week later & said that my mom inspired her to do it. And at our wedding, she read the words that she said came through her from my mom. It was beautiful (and I bawled!).

Anyway, today I am thinking about my mom & all the birthdays & celebrations & regular days we haven't got to spend together. I feel cheated. But I'm trying to celebrate her life & not think about her death.

Happy Birthday to You, Jane Ellen! You are missed every day.

3 comments:

  1. If you are interested, today's post on my new blog is about how I spent my Mama's birthday. Here's the link.

    http://endofriendo.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-i-spent-my-mamas-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,

    I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother.

    I'm glad that your aunt was able to be there to support you at your wedding and share in your special day.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete